Nosework is a fun search and scenting activity that allows your dog to develop his natural scenting abilities. This sport was modeled after the professional detection dog and search and rescue dog tasks. The team of handler/dog works together to locate a hidden target odor. This activity is easy to learn and can be done by virtually any dog and person. It can help build confidence and focus in your dog and provide much needed mental and physical exercise.
Proceeds from this class will help Circle Tail partner Diabetes Alert Dogs at no charge to the recipient.
Things to Note:
- Nosework class meets once a week for 6 weeks. Class is approximately 1 hour.
- Your dog must be at least 8 months old to participate.
- You need to have a harness for your dog to start the scent work class.
- DO NOT feed your dog his/her regular meal prior to training class.
- At the beginning of training, you will want to bring some very high value food rewards for your dog such as fat free/low fat hot dogs, cheese, chicken or whatever your dog really, really likes.
- You will receive a home Nosework training kit once your dog passes the scent lab training.
Learn more about the sport of K9 Nosework and membership in the National Association of Canine Scent Work (NACSW) at www.nacsw.net